Bet Your Life, an independent punk rock band based out of London Ontario, reared its ugly head in the early spring of 2011.
Current members are
Shawn - Bass/Vocals
Scott - Guitar/Vocals
Sebastian - Drums
Known for their catchy choruses and in-your-face vocal styling, the members of Bet Your Life have been writing and performing original music together for approximately eight years. This most recent project is by far their best attempt to date.
Having been described as “the perfect blend of aggressive tendencies and hook, line and sinker melodies,” Bet Your Life continues to draw attention and expand their reach.
The trio’s debut EP, Landshark, was released on June 5th, 2012.
Their brand new EP, Give No Quarter, is scheduled for release on March 28th, 2014. They hope to hit the road in support of the release, and continue to write new material for their future debut full length.
I first became of aware of Bet Your Life a couple of weeks back when they submitted the track Tom Bombadil to PoDunk Radio for airplay and was quite impressed with the sound of this band and featured them on that week's PoDunk Punk Show.
This band has a sound that is grittier than a mechanics fingernails. One can quickly pick out a Flatliners influence and is that a bit of Against Me! sound in there as well? I think so. Fuck me if I'm off on that. The cover art that Dave Schultz drew is pretty fucking amazing, I can almost smell the spiced rum.
This is a HUGE sound out of a little band, everything is so tight in this EP that runs 5 tracks out over 14 minutes. My favorite tracks are Hold Them Under and Brittle Bones but that's not to say that the other 3 aren't good as well. This one will surely have you tapping your toes and bobbin your heads. I really dig this EP and feel that you will too. You can pre-order it today just 2 bucks in Maple Dollars (CAD) for the digital copy and 5 Maple Dollars (CAD) for the CD which comes in a sweet full-color, recycled cardboard pocket with artwork by Dave Schultz.
Each member of the band will kiss the disc so that when you're kissing the disc it's like you're kissing them and you're in love.
Pre-order includes immediate download of 2 tracks in the high-quality format of your choice (MP3, FLAC, and more), plus unlimited mobile access using the free Bandcamp listening app. You'll also get the complete album the moment it’s released.Shipping out on or around 25 March 2014.
Preview Tom Bombadil and S Club here and click that link to purchase. It may well be one of the best decisions you've made today.
“Give No Quarter” EP Recorded at The Vault, Produced by Jimi James, Mastered by Greg Hatchette, Album Art by Dave Schultz. All songs written and performed by Bet Your Life, all lyrics by Scott Blinch. Special thanks to Nick Ashley, Just Another Punk Show, and London Indie Underground. CC BY-NC-SA, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
- New Show on PoDunk Radio - Hear This Now! Produced...
- You Spoke, We Listened!
- Get in on these great deals from TANKCRIMES!
- The MAPES Announce 15th Year Anniversary show
- PoDunk Punk Show Artist Listing for - 03/25/14
- Interview with Lower Class Brats by Rich A-Train
- Review - Bet Your Life - Give No Quarter TBR 03/25...
- Review - Drunk Nuns - A Parting Shot EP Released M...
- Four Free Downloads - Sunday, March 23, 2014
- Pre-order the limited C.N.E "Right Between The Eye...
- A-F Records Special Offer - 2 Years of The General...
- PoDunk Radio Show Schedule -
- Black Mountain Moonshine - "Downfall" & "Don't Be ...
- Foresaken Profits New Video Tartarus~
- Punk Band Promotions Launches new website!
- Our New Website is now LIVE!!!
- Don't Forget about the Captain Bringdown & The Buz...
- Radiostorm video for MISERY
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2013 (108)
- ► 2012 (93)
- ► 2011 (117)